July 2011
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
« Jun   Aug »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Month July 2011

If you can’t keep in sight, at least keep in touch.  

Try to relax and enjoy the crisis. ~ Ashleigh Brilliant  

It takes a village to raise a child, but it takes a Viking to raze a village.

Someone who says “If you’re not part of the solution you’re part of the problem!” is part of the problem. ~ Anonymous

Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous with no ability. ~ George Bernard Shaw

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. ~ G. K. Chesterton

There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty:  soap, ballot, jury, ammo.  Use in that order.  Starting now. ~ (Attributed to many, with paraphrases dating as early as 1830)

Truth is more of a stranger than fiction. ~ Mark Twain

If your happiness depends on what somebody else does, I guess you do have a problem. ~ Richard Bach

My mind is a garden.  My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flowers or weeds. ~ Mel Weldon

Christians are supposed not merely to endure change, nor even to profit by it, but to cause it. ~ Harry Emerson Fosdick  

Boredom:  the desire for desires. ~  Leo Tolstoy  

Let’s have a moment of silence for all those Americans who are stuck in traffic on their way to the gym to ride the stationary bicycle. ~ Earl Blumenauer  

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development. ~ Alice Roosevelt Longworth  

Life without music would be a mistake. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche  

It isn’t easy to keep your mouth and your mind open at the same time.  

Being a husband is like any other job. It helps a lot if you like the boss.  

We must believe in luck.  For how else can we explain the success of those we don’t like? ~ Jean Cocteau

It has been said that a pretty face is a passport.  But it’s not; it’s a visa, and it runs out fast.  

It’s not who you know, it’s whom you know.  

Who begins too much accomplishes little. ~ Henry David Thoreau  

If you lend money, you endanger the borrower’s mind–it sometimes causes a loss of memory. ~ French proverb  

In a thousand pounds of law, there’s not an ounce of love. ~ English proverb  

History–brought to you fresh, daily!

He who sees the calamity of other people finds his own calamity light. ~ Arabian Proverb  

Life is a mixed blessing, which we vainly try to unmix. ~ Mignon McLaughlin  

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust. ~ Samuel Butler  

By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving. ~ Ashleigh Brilliant  

When you plan a journey from your mind into mine, remember to allow for the time difference. ~ Ashleigh Brilliant  

There is a whole world which I alone rule, but it ends at my fingertips. ~ Ashleigh Brilliant  

The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams, no reasons are necessary. ~ Ashleigh Brilliant  

It is good to know that if I behave strangely enough, society will take full responsibility for me. ~ Ashleigh Brilliant  

90% of Fords are still on the road. The other 10% made it home!

Children who are born into happy families grow up speaking love as their native language. ~ Ashleigh Brilliant  

It’s hopeless! Tomorrow there’ll be even more books I should have read than there are today.  

Doing it wrong fast is at least better than doing it wrong slowly. ~ Ashleigh Brilliant  

Bradley’s Bromide:  If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee.  That will do them in.  

How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb? One, but you can never change it back again.  

That’s the thing about people who think they hate computers.  What they really hate is lousy programmers. ~ Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle (Oath of Fealty)  

No hand can make the clock strike for me the hours that are passed. ~ Lord Byron  

I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there. ~ Herb Caen  

The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present.  ~ Barbara De Angelis

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past. ~ George Orwell (1984)  

Never regret.  If it’s good, it’s wonderful.  If it’s bad, it’s experience.  

Coffee has two virtues:  it’s wet and warm.

There are no traffic jams in the second mile. ~ Anonymous  

There’s always a period of curious fear between the first sweet-smelling breeze and the time when the rain comes cracking down. ~ Don Delillo

You don’t have to hold on to the pain, to hold on to the memory. ~ Janet Jackson  

If pain could have cured us we should long ago have been saved. ~ George Santayana  

Only the guy who isn’t rowing has time to rock the boat. ~ Jean Paul Sartre